When you become a member, both you and IMI pay contributions into your RSP account.
When deciding on the level of your personal contributions, you should be comfortable that they are affordable. In addition, you should consider your long term plans.
Some questions to ask yourself are:
- How long until I retire?
- What lifestyle will I want?
- What commitments will I have?
- What pension can I expect from the State and any other pension plans I have?
- How will IMI’s contribution help?
- How much should I put in and is this affordable?
- Do I self-select my investments or choose the RSP Lifestyle?
- When is my State Pension Age?
- When do my other pension arrangements assume I will retire?